Food Technology Courses attract a large number of students because of its novelty as an educational course and also because of the growing demand for food technologists in today's world of packaged and fast foods. Food technology deals with the actual production processes to make foods. Food technologists are mainly required in star hotels, food industries, diary industry, rice mills, distilleries and packaging industries.
- BSc Food Technology (Eligibility :Plus two 50%)
- MSc Food Science and Technology(Eligibility :50% aggregate marks in B.Sc Medical/ Non-Medical/ Agriculture/Food Sciences/ Home Science / Microbiology/ Bio Chemistry/ Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology) or equivalent.
1. Analytical chemist
3. Environmental Health Practitioner
5. Product/Process Development Scientist
6. Production Manager
7. Quality Manager
8. Retail buyer
9. Technical brewer
10. Trading Standards Officer
Institutes offering BSc Food Technology in Kerala:
• DGMMES College, Mampad ,Malappuram
• Safi Institute of Advanced Studies, Raisa Nagar, Vazhayoor East P.O Via Ramanattukara,Malappuram
• Silver Arts and Science College, Perambra, Calicut
• University of Calicut, BSc Food Science and Quality Control
• NSS Hindu college, Vazhur
• St George College, Aruvithura
• BCM College ,Kottayam.
Institutes offering MSc Food Technology in Kerala:
• University of Calicut(Food Science and Technology)
• Mar Athanasious College for Advanced Studies, Thiruvalla
• DGMMES College ,Mampad ,Malappuram
• BCM College Kottayam
• IIT Kharakpur MTech Dairy and Food Engineering,Food Safetey and quality Management
• Central Food Technological Institue(CFTRI), Mysore
• Food Craft Institute, Hyderabad
• Tamilnadu Agricultural University,Coimbatore
• University of Agricultural Science,Bangalore
• National Dairy Research Institute, Bangalore
• Mahathma Gandhi Mission College of Food Technology, Aurangabad, Maharashtra
• School of Chemical,Food and Biotechnology, Midnapore East West Bengal
• Chaudhary Devilal Memorial Govt Engineering College Sisra Hariyana.