The course content includes Anatomy, Applied Anatomy, Psychology, Study of Occupation, Physiology, Psychiatry and occupational therapeutic procedures and clinical and field postings.
B Sc Occupational Therapy: Pass in 10+2, or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology with a minimum of 45%-50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Master of Occupational Therapy (M.O.T): The candidates must have passed BOT/BScOT from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks.In addition to this, some institute conduct entrance exams.
A registered occupational therapist needs patience, ingenuity, determination, common sense, a sound knowledge base and enthusiasm. Most of all, it requires an interest in working closely with people to enable them to lead full and satisfying lives as independently as possible.
Treat patients suffering from physical or mental disorders:-Occupational Therapists treat patients suffering from physical or mental disorders by whatever form of training or activity that likely to contribute to their recovery. They receive guidance from patients and doctors regarding the degree of recovery the patient may be expected to achieve.
An Occupational Therapist is one of the most sought after professionals in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the US. Employment is available in hospitals and a wide range of service organizations, rehabilitation centers, mental health centers, old age homes and special schools. Occupational therapists can also start their own practice or become consultants.
1. National Institute for the Orthopaedically Handicapped, Kolkata
2. Indian Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai
3. NIRTAR, Cuttack
4. Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Institute for Physically Handicapped, Delhi
5. Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences, Karnataka
6. Seth GS and KEM Hospital, Mumbai
7. TNM Medical College & BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai
8. Christian Medical College, Vellore
9. Govt. Medical College, Nagpur
10. KMCH College of Occupational Therapy, Coimbatore
11. Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil College of Occupational Therapy, Navi Mumbai 12. Dr. D.Y. Patil College of Occupational Therapy, Kolhapur
13. School Of Occupational Therapy, Faculty Of Allied Health Science, Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
14. L.T. Medical College, Mumbai
15. Jaipur Occupational Therapy College & Hospital, Jaipur
16. Santosh Medical College, Ghaziabad
17. Indore Institute of Medical Sciences
18. Ahmedabad Institute of Medical Sciences
19. SRM College of Occupational Therapy, Tamil Nadu
20. Nims University, Shobha Nagar, Jaipur-303121